The Highnoon Duel is the brainchild of local Winter Park Resort ambassadors Ben Lynch and Ryan Arrington. This totally unique snowboarding event format showcases fun, technique, style, and creativity. The Highnoon Duel is a breathtaking voyage to the next step of snowboarding chaos. It’s like an elk jumping over a juniper bush in the heat of winter. In other words, this is a duel rider format with teams of two or four snowboarders dropping into Dark Territory as a group. Synchronized snowboarding is about just boarding with your buds. Competition lingers but do not fear the reaper. Being a solely Rider Judged event its no longer in the hands of the executives. Instead, the prize money and awards are in the hands of all competitors. So, you gonna pull them pistols or whistle dixie?
9:00 - 10:00 A.M. Balcony House at the base of Winter Park Resort.
Entry fee is $10.00 per rider for both Slopestyle and Hell track runs. If teams of 2
want to build a team and ride in the 4 man division another $5.00 for each rider
will be assessed.
This is a rider-judged event so the outcome of the duel depends on the participation of the all the riders.
- Teams will be judged on technicality, creativity, flow, and execution.
- Each team gets one deck of cards in both divisions. After each run all competing teams will contribute a card from their deck that depicts their judgement.
- Awards location will be announced at the riders meeting.
- Each top 3 places in each division will receive a trophy/medal for their place earned as well as prizes.
- Prize money - depending on how many participants enter the duel the cash purse will be decided by the outcome of competitors.
- 9:00 am Registration
- 10:00 am End Registration/Start Practice
- 11:00 am Course Closed
- 11:30 am Rules and Judging Announcement Top of Course
- HIGH NOON Teams of 2 Start
- Jam Session
- 1:30 pm Teams of 4 Start
- Jam Session
- 3:00 pm Hell Track Slalom Run
- 4:00 pm End Runs - Competition Tear Down
- 5:00 pm Awards at the Base of Winter Park Resort
6:00 pm After Party (will be determined at riders meeting)