Powderhorn Partners is investing $800,000 in the Grand Mesa's Powderhorn Mountain Resort during its inaugural year of ownership.
"Investing in the 2011-2012 ski season is the first step in our multi-year capital improvement campaign," Powderhorn Partner Andy Daly said. "We want these improvements to show the Western Slope we're committed to their mountain and making it an even better experience season after season."
This season's improvements include:
• New halfpipe – The only pipe within 100 miles of the Grand Valley
• Snowmaking improvements
• Doubling the grooming fleet to dramatically improve the groomed ski experience
• Improved glade skiing, including removal of deadfall and undergrowth
• Lift #1 (Take Four) overhaul for better reliability
• Main lodge picnic area expansion
• New kids' rental skis
• New full-season rental program
• New wooden Sunset Deck with the addition of an outdoor barbeque and bar.
• Remodeled women's restroom
• New picnic tables
• Fresh paint and other lodge improvements
About Powderhorn Resort
Celebrating its 45th season, Grand Mesa's Powderhorn Resort kicks 2011-2012 off with new ownership, including Andy Daly, who has been a part of the Colorado ski resort scene since 1970. Daly has served as President and CEO of Vail Associates, now Vail Resorts, and he has been involved in the Copper Mountain, Beaver Creek and Eldora ski resorts. The Gart brothers, Ken and Tom, are also partners in Powderhorn and bring extensive ski industry, real estate and retail experience as part of their family-owned business, Gart Companies.
The Powderhorn Partners plan to continue to make Powderhorn a family-friendly ski resort, making gradual improvements to the resort and mountain for the benefit of families and adventure seekers alike, including the recently announced half pipe coming this season. To learn more about Powderhorn and purchase season passes, visit www.powderhorn.com. Join the conversation at www.facebook.com/skipowderhorn.