Event to Feature World’s Premier International Snowboard Athletes Competing in Slopestyle, Superpipe and Streetstyle Snowboard Competition Returns to Downtown Breckenridge
Burr Ridge, Ill. – November 21, 2014 – The Dew Tour Mountain Championships, the signature annual winter action sports event, returns to the Breckenridge Ski Resort in Breckenridge, Colo. December 11-14. The four-day event will feature many of the world’s premier international snowboard athletes competing in men’s and women’s slopestyle, superpipe, and men’s snowboard and streetstyle.
The 2014 event will reunite top snowboard athletes from the Sochi Olympics, including all four superpipe and slopestyle gold medalists, in the first major competition of the season. In addition to the events taking place on Breckenridge Ski Resort’s Peak 8, on Friday, December 12, fans will have the opportunity to catch some Mountain Championships action in downtown Breckenridge, when the Dew Tour holds its annual snowboard streetstyle competition on the city streets. The Mountain Championships will take over Washington Avenue with an all-new 2014 streetstyle course which incorporates rails, stairs and other various elements.
“Breckenridge Ski Resort is our longest standing host partner and makes the perfect backdrop for this highly anticipated Dew Tour competition,” said Chris Stiepock, Vice President and General Manager of the Dew Tour, Alli Sports. “With nearly all of the Olympic snowboard and freeski medalists reuniting for the first major competition after the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, we couldn’t dream up a better way to close out our dynamic 10th anniversary season of the Dew Tour.”
The Dew Tour Mountain Championships is a free event and is open to the public. The complete schedule of events for the Mountain Championships is as follows:
MOUNTAIN CHAMPIONSHIPS EVENT SCHEDULE
DATE: TIME: EVENT
- Thursday, Dec. 11: 8 – 11 a.m. Open Practice
- Thursday, Dec. 11: 11 a.m. – Noon Men’s Snowboard Superpipe Practice
- Thursday, Dec. 11: Noon – 4:00 p.m. Open Practice
- Thursday, Dec. 11: 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. Men’s Snowboard Superpipe Semi Final
- Friday, Dec. 12: 8 – 10 a.m. Men’s & Women’s Snowboard Slopestyle Practice
- Friday, Dec. 12: 10 – 11:15 a.m. Men’s Snowboard Slopestyle Practice
- Friday, Dec. 12: 10:30 a.m. – Noon Open Practice
- Friday, Dec. 12: 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Men’s Snowboard Slopestyle Semi Final
- Friday, Dec. 12: 2 – 2:45 p.m. Women’s Snowboard Slopestyle Practice
- Friday, Dec. 12: 3 – 4 p.m. Women’s Snowboard Slopestyle Final
- Saturday, Dec. 13: 8 – 9 a.m. Men’s & Women’s Snowboard Superpipe Practice
- Saturday, Dec. 13: 9 – 10 a.m. Women’s Snowboard Superpipe Final
- Saturday, Dec. 13: 10 – 11 a.m. Men’s Snowboard Superpipe Practice
- Saturday, Dec. 13: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Men’s Snowboard Superpipe Final
- Sunday, Dec. 14: 8 – 10:45 a.m. Ski & Snowboard Slopestyle Practice
- Sunday, Dec. 14: 1 – 1:45 p.m. Men’s Snowboard Slopestyle Practice
- Sunday, Dec. 14: 2 – 3:30 p.m. Men’s Snowboard Slopestyle Final
*All times listed are local / MT
As previously announced, the Dew Tour Mountain Championships will reunite an outstanding fifteen medalists from the Sochi Olympic Games. Notable athletes in the snowboard superpipe competition include men’s gold medalist Iouri Podladtchikov and silver medalist Ayumu Hirano, as well as women’s gold medalist Kaitlyn Farrington and bronze medalist Kelly Clark. In the snowboard slopestyle events, all eyes will be on men’s gold medalist Sage Kotsenburg and bronze medalist Mark McMorris, while gold, silver and bronze medalists Jamie Anderson, Enni Rukajarvi and Jenny Jones, respectively, will be the ones to watch in the women’s competition.
In addition, NBC and NBCSN will combine to present seven hours of television coverage of the Dew Tour Mountain Championships, December 13-14. A complete television schedule will be announced soon.
For additional Dew Tour event information, visit www.DewTour.com and the Dew Tour Facebook page.