Last season Copper Mountain Resort was recognized by the National Ski Areas Association (NSAA) for having the "Best Overall Safety Program" for resorts with skier visits over 250,000 per year! To quote NSAA, Copper did an "outstanding job of educating employees and guest about skiing and snowboarding responsibly." With NSAA's Annual Safety Awareness Week starting Jan. 14th, Copper is excited to showcase their season-long safety efforts with their very own Copper Safety Fest, held Jan. 14-16 in Copper's Center Village.
Highlights of this year's Safety Fest:
- Launching of new Kid-Friendly Signage about Lift Saftey throughout the West Village
- Ski Patrol Ski/Ride Alongs on their end-of-day sweeps. 4pm
- Safety booths in Center Village with participants including the National Ski Patrol, US Forest Service, Summit County Rescue Group, Copper Mountain Safety Patrol, Copper Mountain Ski Patrol and Avalanche Dogs, Woodward at Copper, and St. Anthony's Copper Clinic.
- Over $7000 in prizes for guests who visit each Saftey Booth. Prizes include lodging at Copper, ½ day Tucker Cat trip, Tubing passes, ski tunes, Copper Season Pass, Snow Day Pass, day Lift tickets, athletic club passes, golf for four, helmets, hydration packs and more!
- Daily programming: Avalanche dog demos, the Flight for Life Helicopter Flyover, Open House & Cocoa at Patrol Headquarters.
- Frisco Elementary third graders'artwork will be on display in the cooridor to Jack's Bar & Grille. The students created art based on "Your Responsibility Code" or any of the elements of "Smart Style" terrain park safety. This artwork will be submitted to NSAA for the 2012 Kids Safety Safety Week Poster Contest.