The Bud Light Spring Jam celebration is the ultimate spring festival in the Rocky Mountains. It will bring two weekends of competitions, downtown concerts and parties to Aspen and Snowmass Village Colorado for the weekends of March 16-18 and March 23-25, 2012. The festival kicks off with the Core Party concert in downtown Aspen and continues the next day with KickAspen Big Air, where skiers and snowboarders compete under the lights at the base of Aspen Mountain. A terrain park Boot Camp also offers both adults and kids instruction on how to slide a box or hit a rail in a mini-park on Snowmass. There will be two Bud Light Hi-Fi concerts throughout the event and last year’s new events Schneetag and Helly Hansen Battle in the Bowls will once again join the Spring Jam line up.
KickAspen Big Air Invitational at Aspen Mountain – March 17
- One of the most anticipated events of the year, the KickAspen Big Air showcasing the best ski and snowboard athletes in the region to compete under the lights at the base of Aspen Mountain for prize money.
- Core Party – March 16 Downtown Aspen Featuring Railroad Earth!
- Railroad Earth will bring their rock sounds to downtown Aspen on Friday, March 16th for Core Party, kicking off SpringJam.
- Fallen Friends Memorial Event – March 24
- Held in Aspen Highlands this one-day event will gather teams of 2-6 to compete in an obstacle type course of jumps, bumps and park features. All the proceeds from the event will benefit the AVSC scholarship fund in honor of our “fallen friends” over the past few years. Registration will be on-line at www.aspensnowmass.com/springjam
- Bud Light Big Air Fridays - March 16 & 23
- The always entertaining Friday afternoon show is entering its eighth year at Snowmass. Big Air Fridays attracts competitors from near and far (including the occasional vacationer) to show off what they’ve been practicing all week. The 40ft jump is showcasing the freshest tricks around! This event attracts hundreds of viewers who enjoy the high flying entertainment and plentiful crowd giveaways! Following the competition, you can enjoy live music in Snowmass Base Village while sipping on your après drink of choice to bring in the weekend! More information on Bud Light Big Air Competition
- Bud Light Hi-Fi Concert Series – March 18 (Snowmass) & 23 (Aspen Mt.)
- These FREE outdoor concert will feature some of the best musical talents in the country; generating huge excitement among the captured audience of visitors & locals. Check back for info about the musical acts! More information on Bud Light Hi-Fi Concert Series
- Terrain Park Boot Camp – Saturday & Sunday - March 17, 18, 24 & 25
- The Terrain Park Book Camp is an entry level terrain park that will be set up on Fanny Hill. Aspen Valley Ski & Snowboard Club coaches and athletes will teach beginners (13 and up) how to safely slide a rail, hit a box and throw a trick. From children to parents, this is open to anyone interested in learning the ropes of the terrain park.
- Helly Hansen Battle in the Bowls – March 25
- Helly Hansen Battle in the Bowls will be back for the third year…once Highlands Mountain opens, you better start training! Forty-six teams of two skied the many bowls of Aspen Highlands on a course designed by Aspen/Snowmass athlete Chris Davenport. Teams could take any route they desired as long as they completed every run listed on the course. Flaik GSP devices tracked the athletes as they charged across the mountain. Each team’s final time was an average of its member’s times. Last year’s winning team finished the course in 3 hours and 9 minutes!
- NEW EVENT Red Bull Buttercup
- The first ever Red Bull Buttercup Rail Jam will be held at Buttermilk on Closing Day. This snowboard jam contest invites riders of all levels to come show off their most creative skills on a custom butter park. Only trick sequences that feature buttering will count and riders will be judged on style and creativity. Registration is only $20 and will take place on the day of the event.
- NEW DATE Red Bull Schneetag – April 15
- If you were there last year, you know that is an event not to miss! This is the third annual Schneetag event (pronounced Sh-knee Tog) invites teams of four to create a craft that they will pilot down Fanny Hill in Snowmass and attempt to float across a 75x20 foot pond. Every team has a theme and will perform a skit before they descend. This event is just as ridiculous and hilarious as it sounds. Last year Red Bull awarded the first, second and third place teams with amazing prizes, from a trip to a NASCAR race to paragliding flights with the Red Bull Airforce. Stay tuned for this year’s prizes!