Aspen/Snowmass announces season pass structure and pricing for the 2012-2013 season. Passes will go on sale Monday, August 13. The Premier Pass is loaded with more benefits than ever and the Classic Pass will be available as a four and seven-day product once again.
“It feels like there is some pent up excitement for powder after last winter,” said Jeff Hanle, director of public relations, Aspen Skiing Company. “It will be exciting to return to winter as we know it and see our passholders out in force. We’ve worked hard to develop a selection of passes that fit everyone’s needs.”
The Premier Pass, which allows unlimited skiing/riding on all four mountains with no blackout dates, and is loaded with more than $900 in added benefits, costs just $1,599 in the Super Early Season. The Premier Chamber Pass for area businesses is just $1,179 in the Super Early Season. The Premier Pass is also available at senior (65-69), youth (13-17), child (7-12) and silver (70+) rates. As always, children six and under ski for free.
The Double Flex Pass and Flex Pass cost $1,289 and $879 respectively in the Super Early Season (or $1,029 for the Double Flex Chamber and $754 for the Flex Chamber). The Double Flex offers two days of skiing/riding each week of the winter season (22 weeks) and the Flex Pass offers one day each week on all four mountains plus the flexibility to add days any time for $54 per day. Direct-to-lift access is available for flex days. Double Flex and Flex Passholders also receive discounts on summer lifts. Weeks begin on Monday and end on Sunday and unused days may not be carried over. Double Flex and Flex Senior passes are also available.
The Escape Silver Pass for seniors 70 and over will return and is just $219, offering pay-as-you-go access with direct-to-lift options to all four Aspen/Snowmass mountains for just $23 per day and discounts on summer lift access. Escape Pass holders under the age of 70 should look for a new and improved pay-as-you-go product coming soon.
Aspen/Snowmass is investing more than $17.5 million in capital improvements for the 2012-2013 season, including the restaurant at Elk Camp, a new mid-mountain restaurant just steps from the top of the Elk Camp Gondola with seating for up to 300 guests. The $15 million restaurant will have summer and evening event space and is projected to be the resorts fifth LEED certified building. The restaurant at The Little Nell hotel at the base of Aspen Mountain will also undergo a complete $2.5 million remodel this fall – featuring a new look, menu and name.
More Benefits for Premier Passholders
The Premier Pass provides unlimited skiing and riding on any of the four mountains during the winter season as well as access on summer lifts at both Snowmass and Aspen Mountain plus discounts on summer Bike Snowmass tickets. Other benefits include:
• Discounts on winter lift tickets for friends and family – four vouchers good any time during the 2012- 2013 winter season, each valid for 50% off a 1-day ticket.
• Discounts on equipment rentals for passholder or friends and family – four vouchers each valid for 50% off a 1-day premium/demo ski/snowboard rental during the 2012-2013 winter season (not valid 12/16/12 – 1/02/13 and 2/15/13 – 2/24/13).
• Special pricing on ski/snowboard school Locals Clinics Pass – (a $72 savings) with no deadline for purchasing.
• Discounts on ski/snowboard school for passholder or friends and family - four vouchers good any time during the 2012-2013 winter season, each valid for 50% off a 1-day adult group lesson.
• Special pricing on a full-season transferable parking pass, (a $50 savings).
• Rental/retail discounts at all Four-Mountain Sports/D&E Ski & Snowboard Shop locations – 30% off premium/demo ski & snowboard rentals, 20% off ski & snowboard tunes and 15% off official Aspen/Snowmass merchandise.
• 20% off at each Aspen Skiing Company restaurant (a one-time redemption at each restaurant).
• New for 2013, summer food and beverage discounts.
• Discounts on lodging - 25% off stay at The Limelight Hotel for the 2012-2013 winter season (blackout dates apply, subject to availability, for a Sunday-Thursday stay.) Call The Limelight Hotel at 925-3025 for more information.
Offers apply to Premier Adult, Senior, Silver and Parent Passes only.
A mailer and letter outlining season pass options and rates was sent to 2011-2012 season passholders. Purchasers are also encouraged to find more information at www.aspensnowmass.com/seasonpass.
All Aspen/Snowmass season pass products will go on sale Monday, August 13, 2012. Passes will be on sale at the Aspen Mountain Ticket Office and the Snowmass Gondola Ticket Office, online at www.aspensnowmass.com and by phone at 970-923-1227 or 877-282-7736Chamber pass vouchers must be purchased in person and a voucher from the appropriate Chamber of Commerce must be presented at time of purchase as proof of eligibility. There are three deadlines for individual and Chamber member Premier, Double Flex and Flex pass purchases:
¨ Super Early, which offers the best rates on all season passes, for passes purchased through Sept. 14, 2012.
¨ Early, for passes purchased through Nov. 9, 2012.
¨ Regular, for passes purchased after Nov. 9, 2012 (see attached pricing grid).
All season passes are good for early-and late-season openings. Season passes are nontransferable and nonrefundable. Fraudulent use is subject to fine.